Herbal Insect Repellent
Repels mosquitoes, ticks, deer flies, black flies, gnats, no-see-ums & other little nasties
Contains NO DEET, petroleum products or parabens
Packaged in 2 ounce cobalt blue glass bottle with spray cap
Smells great and it really works!
- Written up in Yankee magazine, June 2003: "...an aroma as delightful as a Ralph Lauren perfume."
- Pennyroyal Essential Oil is traditionally considered to be one of the best herbal tick repellents.
- Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil is on the government's list of approved mosquito repellents. It also smells good and helps to calm, uplift and revive.
- Oil-based repellent lasts much longer on skin (2 hours and more) than water- or alcohol-based repellents.
- Our customers have told us that this is the only repellent that has ever kept deerflies and mosquitoes completely away, even in heavily infested areas. Read our customer's testimonials below!
- Ideal for farmers, gardeners, boaters, hunting & fishing enthusiasts, bikers, hikers, outdoors & sports fans, babies, children, adults, pets, and anyone who wants to be outside without being "bugged".
- "Bug Stuff" was created and distributed by Karen Cadow LeRoy, sister/aunt to the ladies of Wright Naturals. You can read more about Karen in Peter Miller's Vermont Farm Women (SilverPrint Press, 2002). Karen's original formula was first developed to use on the Jersey cows of Popoma Farm during fly season.
- Customers keep "Bug Stuff" in the camper, on the picnic table, on the porch, in the garden tool bucket, on the boat, in the car or truck, and at their front and back doors. They give bottles to neighbors and family.
- Instructions for use: Apply liberally to exposed skin. Reapply as needed. Use more "Bug Stuff" when insects are hungrier or more numerous. Use with caution if pregnant. For external use only.
Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil); Essential Oils of Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus), Eucalyptus Citriodora (Lemon Eucalyptus), and Mentha pulegium (Pennyroyal)
"Your Bug Stuff is great - it works on EVERYTHING!"
"Your Bug Stuff kept away every kind of bug that lives in the Brandon Swamp."
"I was the only person there who wasn't swatting at mosquitoes - the people around me wanted some of whatever I was using."
"When we got out of the truck, all the bugs immediately swarmed around us, so we slathered on your insect repellent. For the rest of the day, not one of us had a single insect bite except for one spot on my foot where I didn't put any."
"I offered some to the truck driver because the bugs were so bad, but he refused, saying he never needed insect repellent. A little later he said, 'These bugs are terrible, why aren't they biting YOU? Give me some of whatever you've got.'"
"The nice thing is that not only did it keep off all the mosquitoes, deer flies and black flies, but at the end of the day I didn't feel grubby."
MW, New York
"DEET doesn't work for deer flies, but your Bug Stuff does."
"Just wanted you to know that it keeps away no-see-ums, too! My friends want some of your Bug Stuff - please send 6 more bottles."
"I love it. Thank you for making it - it's great!"
SF, New York
"I used some of my friend's Bug Stuff over the weekend - please send me a bottle."
"I used your insect repellent all last summer and didn't get one single mosquito bite."
CT, New York
"The tour guide passed around insect repellent, but we had brought your Bug Stuff and used that instead. After a while, all the other people on the tour were asking if they could use ours because theirs wasn't working."
(referring to Alaskan vacation and Alaska's 'state bird,' the mosquito)